Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't authinicate remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernieberg

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2001
US
Hello, I am using backup exec 8.5 in a Win2K environment. I have 4 servers on 2 domains. I cann't select the C$ drive on the server that is in the other domain as the server that has my TBU (where I am running backup exec from). When I try to select the C$ (or just open it up the see what is below it) it tells me I need to authenticate, but it keeps telling me that it can't. I know I have the username and passwork correct( Ive tried my veritas user and even administrator), I can even browse C$ through network neighborhood fine. I can however select the system state of that remote computer. The server that are in the same domain work fine.

any ideas?

thanks
bernie

Bernie,

did you establish a trust relationship between the two domains? You have to do this on both domains.

StevieWonder

Thanks for the RPL. Both domains trust eachother, I still get the same results. Any Ideas?

Bernieberg,

Did you buy a Veritas Remote Agent, you need a remote agent for backing up another server. If you are running active directory on W2k install SP2 on the servers!! Are both backup accounts trusted 'to logon as a service'. I even found some articles which might be usefull.

Best regards,

StevieWonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back