Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't assign mbox 11 or 19 on callpilot 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

550spydr

MIS
Jun 28, 2007
US
Hi all,
I have a new 7.1 cics with expansion card (24 sets) driving a call pilot 100.The customer wants to use 2 digit dns and mailboxes with a start dn of 10 (used to have a partnersystem).

When I try to assign mailbox 11 or 19 it wont submit (says invalid mbox or something similar.Any ideas?

The following is from our quick reference guide on CallPilot. Change the Name prefix to 71 and the Spec prefix to 72. Then you will be able to create mailboxes 110-119.

Reconfigure CallPilot Parameters
1 – Feature 983
2 – Log: Dial 1020000 (3-digit DNs) or 120000 (2-digit DNs)
3 – Press 2
4 – Bilingual: Y CHNG or NEXT
5 – Prim lang: NAEng CHNG or NEXT
6 – Group lists: Y CHNG or NEXT
7 – Leading digit: 9 CHNG or NEXT
8 – CallPilot UI: Y CHNG or NEXT
9 – Name prefix: 11 CHNG or NEXT
10 – Spec prefix: 19 CHNG or NEXT
11 – Primary UI: NVM CHNG or NEXT
12 – System config Press OK to accept changes or RETRY to return to step 4
Brian Cox

When in doubt RTFM (read the friggin manual)

I would use a minimum of 3-digit DNs. You'll run into problems (B2, HG, etc) if you use 2-digit

I agree, I always tell them if your 3 digits you will look like a bigger company and suggest to but a 2 in from i.e 10 is now 210.

Get a grip boys, trying to replace Parter. Come to the light side.

I must thank Mr. Cox for the info, used it a couple of times.

1 less partner in the world. Let's celebrate. (Sorry ATT, or Lucent, or Avaya...whatever.)

Thanks, phoneguy427. I've always talked the customer into going with 3 digits, too. Will this release MB 12 for subscriber use also, and if so, will the f983 login change accordingly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back