Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Assign Extension to VM Box 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Elias

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2017
US
Hello,

I'm re-posting this from the Meridian forum - apologies for the incorrect forum the first time.

I am working on a Nortel system, and I need some help. Here’s what I’ve got:

User has Ext. 54 that was working fine, then began showing “incorrect password” on voicemail login attempts

User entered incorrect PW too many times, now shows “Mbox locked / Contact admin”

F*0 Intercom shows 54 with proper name, View> shows Port 121

F985 shows VM: 35

F980 shows Mbox: _________ (blank)

F983 > MBOX > CHNG > 54 > NEXT > this shows:

Ext: (none)
CHNG NEXT

Pressing CHNG and typing 54 shows “Ext assigned” - and nothing changes. (F983 still shows as above)

Note, I can retrieve Ext 54 voicemails from a different extension through F981, **

The goal is to get this phone (Ext 54) to access the voicemail for Ext 54.

What am I missing?

Thank you!!

Double check the DN at the phone did not change by doing F*0 Intercom

54 is assigned to another mailbox, you need to go into each mailbox and see what the ext: is.
If Callpilot then it is faster to check with web browser.

Callpilot and NAM have Alternate Exts as well so you will need to to check them too (in each mailbox)

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have to admit, I'm an IT/network engineer and this is a bit out of my scope...IPO and 3CX are the two systems I normally support.

I have double checked F*0 Intercom, and it does show 54 as expected.

The system is a Call Pilot 100, but since I'm not the original installer I'm not sure if they would have modified the default IP / password. I suppose I could try downloading the manager and see if it connects on 192.168.110.10.

If not, then the way to check from the phone is F983, change to each mailbox, and review the Ext (looking for one that's set to 54)...correct?

Thanks again - very much appreciated.

- Brian

The password you use for the browser is the same as Feature 983. Just set your laptop to 192.168.110.xxx, plug your cable in and fire up a browser. Go to 192.168.110.10 Enter the password, if it is the default one it will make you change it. Then you will be in and you can check all your mailbox settings.

Yes
MBOX/CHG/ and look for both "Ext:___" and further on same place "Alt1 ext:___", "Alt2 ext:___" and "Alt3 ext:___"

If this is a reception phone then maybe look at mailbox 10 first (General Delivery)

You use just a web browser to connect to the CP1XX.
Callpilot Manager is a web page: 192.168.110.10/CallpilotManager

When doing F981 at a sets and display shows:
Password - this means there is a mailbox assigned to that phone
Log: - this mean there is no mailbox assigned to that phone.

To unlock a mailbox:
MBOX/CHG/XX/Reset - this will put a temp password of 0000

While logged in with a browser I would change the Class of Service and disable the password expiry as it seems to hamper most.
While your at COS disable External Transfer or Off Prem Notify to avoid Toll Fraud
Enable Trivial password check if it has.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thank you both - that's great info.

I'll try this when I go to the office tomorrow. I have a feeling it may be an Alt Ext that's causing the problem.

Web management will make my life so much easier...if this works, I'll put it on the LAN and configure a VPN for future changes.

Thank you!

Thank you to everyone for the help.

The problem ended up being exactly as suggested - the extension was assigned to mailbox 10 as the general delivery. I removed the assignment, and it then allowed me to assign to Ext 54.

Thanks again, and thanks for the heads up about the IP programming options - much appreciated.

- Brian

The reason that MB 10, general delivery, is assigned to a random ext is that anyone getting lost in voice mail their call will be dropped into the general delivery MB. If no one knows enough to check the general delivery mailbox the that message never gets acted on. Assigning MB 10 to some ext lets that person know that there is a message in the general delivery MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back