Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Assign Extension to a VM Box 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Elias

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2017
US
Hello,

I am working on a Nortel Meridian system, and I need some help. Here’s what I’ve got:

User has Ext. 54 that was working fine, then began showing “incorrect password” on voicemail login attempts

User entered incorrect PW too many times, now shows “Mbox locked / Contact admin”

F*0 Intercom shows 54 with proper name, View> shows Port 121

F985 shows VM: 35

F980 shows Mbox: _________ (blank)

F983 > MBOX > CHNG > 54 > NEXT > this shows:

Ext: (none)
CHNG NEXT

Pressing CHNG and typing 54 shows “Ext assigned”

Note, I can retrieve Ext 54 voicemails from a different extension through F981, **

The goal is to get this phone (Ext 54) to access the voicemail for Ext 54.

What am I missing?

Thank you!!

Hello Brian

It sounds as if you have a Nortel Norstar or BCM phone system and that you are on the wrong forum.

The Norstar one is at
It's best to find out what phone system you have. Most of the commands are the same but the later BCM system was accessed via a tool called Element Manager and then onto a browser.

I have attached a guide that might help.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

from your post, mailbox 54 should be ext 54...you mention that you can check mailbox 54 from another extension....put that extension in for mailbox in F983 and you should find your fix

Thank you and sorry for my late reply.

I'll repost this on the Norstar forum.

Also, jaxuser: I had the same thought, but it won't all me to do that:

F983 > MBOX > CHNG > 54 > NEXT > this shows:

Ext: (none)
CHNG NEXT

Pressing CHNG and typing 54 shows “Ext assigned” and nothing changes. It's like Ext 54 is assigned to another mailbox, but I'm not sure how to check that.

Thanks again.

Brian

Brian,

If you did not get a response in the Norstar forum yet, what you are going to have to do is go through all of your mailboxes until you find the one that is showing 54 for the extension....you might check mailbox 10 (general delivery) first as this one sometimes gets changed to notify an actual extension when it gets a message.

Thanks to all. Jaxuser: you were correct. The mailbox was assigned to Ext 10. I removed it, and it then allowed me to assign to Ext 54. Thank you!

Brian, Please remember that Mailbox 10 is your General Delivery Mailbox so by removing 54 as the extension, users will need to remember to check this mailbox just to be sure no messages are in there; option: assign an extension like the breakroom to Mailbox 10 so that you will at least have an indication when there are messages in General Delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back