Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant archive error C022 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tizwaz

Technical User
Aug 8, 2002
GB
one of our users is getting an error C050 when opening groupwise although it opens ok after this and then when she tries to archive it says a problem with your mailbox has been encountered. Error code C022 and archive wont open. We have re-installed groupwise on the the PC and reapplied the installation but to no avail. Has anyone encountered this before and how did they resolve it?

Am interested to know if you found an answer to your Error C022 question. We are also experiencing some error messages. We have semi-solved one problem, but are interested in finding out if there are other solutions. Kathi

I think it is a database corruption/damage issue. In the past I have had some success doing the following.

1. Run an ANALYSE/FIX on the post office
2. Use GWcheck to run an ANALYSE/FIX on the archive database
3. Also, check the permissions on that database/archive directory.

If that doesn't work for you lemme know and I have a few unconventional tricks up my sleave.

Tamra Graver --CNA, Network+
It is my job to comfort the disturbed
and disturb the comfortable..........

I was also thinking that you might try a top-down rebuild of your GW system...I do this every few months to keep my system running healthy.

Novell TID10070541

Doing a Top Down Rebuild on GroupWise 5, 6, or 6.5 - TID10070541 (last modified 13JUN2003)

10070541 10070541 10070541 goal

Doing a Top Down Rebuild on GroupWise 5, 6, or 6.5

fact

Novell GroupWise 5.5

Novell GroupWise 6

Novell GroupWise 6.5

Novell Console One

ConsoleOne GroupWise 6 Snapins

fix

This procedure is usually recommended whenever a GroupWise system is experiencing domain or postoffice database issues or a GW system server is experiencing frequent abends or some other system critical failure in which there is a potential of compromising the integrity of your GW data. If you have been experiencing problems with getting administrative changes to synchronize properly, this procedure may be warranted in this case also. Normally this procedure will only help your system, however it is recommended to have a backup of your system before running this since there is a very slight possibility of data loss. Also it can be time consuming, so make sure you do it with good reason.

1. Connect to your Primary Domain. Leaving all agents up and running, right mouse click each secondary domain under GroupWise System view and from the drop select GroupWise Utilities | System Maintenance | Sync Primary with Secondary | Run | OK to the path given in the Database Path dialogue. Do this on each secondary domain before rebuilding the Primary domain.

Note: This step is ONLY necessary if you suspect that your primary domain database is having troubles. The "Sync Primary with Secondary" only serves to pass records that exist in the secondary domain up to the primary. If your secondary domain contains corruption, it's possible to pass this corruption up to the primary with this procedure. Thus, use this option with caution.

Note: If the following error is displayed: "Error: Access denied. Caller is not allowed access to a file", unload any GroupWise Gateways that are accessing the domain database file (GWIA, WebAccess, API, etc.).

2. Bring Down the MTA for this domain. You'll then rebuild the primary domain but do not rebuild in place, i.e. right click the Primary Domain object and select GroupWise Utilities | System Maintenance | Rebuild Database | Run, then on the Database Path dialogue in the Path to Database field, change the path to C:\temp, and click OK (Note: This path must exist.). This will create a new domain database in C:\temp. When the rebuild has completed, close out of ConsoleOne and shut down all your GW agents, i.e. MTA and any gateways you may have running within the primary domain. (Note: Closing ConsoleOne is only necessary after rebuilding the primary domain because you are connected to that domain and it holds the wpdomain.db open preventing the renaming of it.) In the domain dir. rename wpdomain.db to wpdomain.old and "MOVE" not "COPY" up the new wpdomain.db from your c drive. This will remove the new wpdomain.db off your hard drive so you won't accidentally copy it up to another domain. Bring up the MTA and reload ConsoleOne.

3. Repeat these steps for any secondary domains in your system. Stay connected to the primary domain when rebuilding all secondary domains.

4. Repeat the rebuild steps respectively for your Post offices, except you will need to be connected to the owning domain when rebuilding a post-office database. (Note that the POA for any Post-office must be down before it can be rebuilt.) You may also wish to rebuild any PO's in your primary domain before continuing on to rebuild all secondary domains. The order that you do this in does not matter as long as you have rebuilt the owning domain before rebuilding a post office database.

5. To rebuild a post office, connect to the owning domain, right click the Post-office object and choose GroupWise Utilities | System Maintenance | Rebuild Database | Run, then on the Database Path dialogue in the Path to Database field, change the path to C:\temp, and click OK. When complete go to your PO dir. and rename wphost.db to wphost.old and "MOVE" not "COPY" the new one from your "C" drive, this will remove the new wphost.db off your hard drive so you won't accidentally copy it up to another post-office.

Tamra Graver --CNA, Network+
It is my job to comfort the disturbed
and disturb the comfortable..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back