Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant add users to exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaArtist

Technical User
Feb 5, 2004
US
This is the mssg I get when trying to add users to exchange server 2003. I am using XP workstations and Windows Server 2003.
"The name could not be resolved, the connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action". I am using Outlook 2003.

I suppose you get that error wen creating a profile.
First of all, is that PC (user) properly authenticated on the server and has enough rights?

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq219-2884

As far as I know the users are properly authenticated and have all rights. This was working when I had Exchange 2000 and when I switched over to 2003 I made sure that I applied the same setup when I created the profiles and setup MX, A records. I am on a lan using public/private ip's as well.

In Ex2000 I went into Outlook 2003 went into Ctrl Panel clicked on the mail icon to select Exchg Server as my client put in the Server and Username and had no probs whatsoever. With Exchg 2003 I get that mssg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back