Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't add Package and Deployment wizard as add-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

mishmish

Programmer
May 25, 2001
US
Hi,

I just installed MS Developer's Tools 2000. Specifically, I installed the Office 2000 Developer's Tools (not the Developer Applications). Anyway, after I did my install I restarted my computer and tried to add the package and deployment wizard to my Access Add-In manager. It wasn't in the Add-In manager window. I tried to add the P and D files that were installed on my directory, but the Add-In manager only wanted mde or mda files. I didn't have any of these mda or mde files in the Package and Deployment folder that was installed from the Developer's Tools cd.

Any ideas on what went wrong/how I can fix problem?
Thanks,
mishmish

Just to keep anyone from wasting their time on this one, I figured it out.

Thanks,
mishmish

Please post the answer. I have used the PDWiz before, but I can't remember how I got to it, and I couldn't figure it out for you. So now that you know, you tell me, ok? Rick Sprague

Hi Rick,

Well, the problem I had was that I wasn't trying to access it from a code window. You need to access it from any code window. Then you can go to Tools/Add-In Manager to access it (as long as you've loaded it onto your system from the Developer Tools cd #2).

Hope this helps.

Sorry for not posting before.
mishmish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back