Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't add new member disks to array

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouno

MIS
Feb 11, 2002
JP
Hi Forum,
We are using PE2500 with PV220S through PERC4/SC controller.
The server's internal array (through PERC3/Di RAID-5) is used for system drive and PV220S has 4 disks whose entire capacity is used for single virtual disk.
The server is running Windows Server 2003 and what I want to do is just to add new members to the external array.
After inserting new disks in place and performing 'Rescan', I can see the new disks on ArrayManager but when I choose 'Add Member' from the virtual disk contents menu, no disks are shown as available disks.
I'm sure that the latest controller firmware, OpenManage software and RAID device driver are installed.
Can someone shed light on this?
Thanks,

sorry, this way is not supported by dell and also the controller, the best way to expand your array is to run complete backup create a new raid on yout PV and restore data...
also your are preventing a corrupt raid with this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back