Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant' add new email boxes exch 5.0 / NT4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickenb

Vendor
May 22, 2003
US
I was allowed to delete old mailboxes, but it says
I don't have rights/permissions to add new mailboxes.
I am signed in as administrator...I enter the first / last name, then it gives me the message (when I clock on OK)
Any Ideas out there ? Thanks !

are you creating mailboxes from the user manager for domain or via exchange administrator?

SET CRTL ALT DEL = #728
-----------------------
greg

Hi Greg! Using exchange administrator to create the email addresses....It's exchange 5.0, running on NT server workstation, in a domain.

i have never set up an exchange server without either being on a PDC or a BDC...maybe that's why you have problem creating users.....but do u have problems before? if you go on your PDC in user manager for domain can you see a menu for exchange?

SET CRTL ALT DEL = #728
-----------------------
greg

Hi Greg -
I have been able to add accounts, with this email server, as a workstation in the past....The PDC does NOT have a menu item for exchange. I created an NT account for the user, and tried to have exchange "use that NT account", but got the same error message: " An error occurred whgile processing your request. To See details, see the event viewer....microsoft exchange administrator ID no: c1030b35" OK, so event viewer shows: event id 5011, source: MSExchangeSA discr: error - you do not have permissions required to complete the operation. occurred during address generation. Seems to be a rights/permissions issue. I am not too experienced, this
we probably shouldn't overlook the abvious....It could be that....Thanks for the help.

I resolved my own issue. In 4 different levels within EXchange site administrator, I added the exchange service back in as an account.......That did it.

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back