Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Add New Domain User Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheetsERR

MIS
Nov 13, 2001
US
Has anyone ever experienced a problem adding a user when logged in as Administrator?

I'm trying to walk someone through adding a domain user account for use with SQL Server services. The client is logged in as Domain Admin, but User Manager for Domains > User > New User is disabled (grayed out).

As a matter of fact, the New User menu item is disabled in general - Domain Admin or Local Admin.

Any help that can be provided, is certainly appreciated.

Thanks!
SheetsERR

Are you using the user manager on the client or the server?

Sorry for the delayed response. My client is attempting the addition from her server.

I bet they've got a corrupt sam or pol file. What do you think?

Thanks much!
SheetsERR

What type of server? PDC, BDC, member server?

what kind of license does the server have?
per user? or per server?, maybe the number of user license for that Server installation i.e for that PDC has been reached.
check that out...

Hope this helps!

Hey, now, that's a twist that didn't cross my mind. Next time, I'll keep that in mind. A third party vendor came in and reloaded their OS. Yeah, it's drastic, but I wasn't really overseeing the project. Just trying to lend a hand.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it!
SheetsERR

please let us know if help was HELPFUL!, it matters!

[alien]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back