Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't add Bound Text Box to form!

Status
Not open for further replies.

multipleintell

Technical User
Dec 7, 2001
US
I moved a database from my external hard drive onto a network drive. Suddenly, without having made any other changes, I cannot add a control to one of my forms. I can't figure out if I locked it or what. I am going to move it back to my external drive and see if maybe I locked it all together or if the network is doing it to me. I have the database opened on the network Exclusively and it doesn't let me change the form. It doesn't give any error messages, it just doesn't work.

Also, somehow I turned off the wizards so that when I go to create a combo box or something...No wizard to help me. How can I get this back?

Thanks,
Melissa

Don't know about the network problem...but that wizard is activated by the toggle button with the magic wand and the stars located on the toolbox tool bar where you get your combo boxes from (view/toolbox) if not already visible.

eric

Melissa:

When you copied the database it may have had it's Read Only property set to true. This happens if you copy a database from a Read/Write CD on a CD-ROM drive -- the copied file is automatically created as read only. Don't know if this is true in your case, but its the first thing I would check.

To check this, and solve it, if that is the problem, use Windows Explorer, find the database file and right click on it. Look to see if the Read Only check box is checked. If so, simply uncheck it.

Larry De Laruelle
ldelaruelle@familychildrenscenter.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back