Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't access WAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

igolo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2002
US
I'v been working on this for a while maybe you can help. I have two cisco 3640 routers and one pix 525 One 3640 for internet, one 3640 for wan My network looks like this

Stores
|
3640 - 10.1.1.254
|
PIX525 - 10.1.1.2
|
3640 - x.x.x.3
|
Internet

Since I've added the PIX and changed the default gateway on the workstations I can't get to my stores through the WAN. I can't seem to get the WAN router to talk to the PIX.

What's the default gateway for the wks? It should be 10.1.1.254. On 10.1.1.254, make sure you have a default route to the PIX (10.1.1.2) and a specific route to the stores or via a routing protocol. On the PIX, make sure you have a route inside for the store subnet and point it to 10.1.1.254. You might also need a route inside for the WAN subnet.

That worked, however the remote sites can't browse the internet. All remote workstions come to the host site (PIX) for internet access.

Make sure your NAT statment on the PIX covers their subnet. From the PIX, can you ping a wks on the remote subnet? Make sure you have a route inside statement on the PIX for the remote subnet and point it to 10.1.1.254.

Thank for the responses the problem was the WAN provider was not allowing our remote sites to see anything but our internal network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back