Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't access the Internet a 100% anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

123gad

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2001
US
Hi,I have a laptop on our LAN, W2K, everything is configured correctly, but as of this morning, I can't access all the websites, i.e. Yahoo.com comes up but without the graphics.
The connection to my Lan is fine, e-mail is working fine, but when I try different websites (I tried the same websites from other PC's connected without a problem) it says server not found.
It is a laptop Dell Latitude (about 6 month old), with Docking Station.
I tried new Cat5 cable, still no luck.
I re-entered the settings a few times, docked and undocked still same problem.
How can I test or replace the NIC card on a docking station, if anyone thinks that could be the issue.
Nothing changed, no new software installed etc.
Any ideas, thanks,

Check your DNS settings against the PCs that work. Are you pointing to the same DNS servers? (from CMD prompt, type IPCONFIG /all)

Also from a CMD prompt, you could try to flush your own DNS cache (IPCONFIG /flushdns).

I can't guarantee anything, but I solved a similar problem. Read the reply to "can't get into web page" posted on 12/16/02.

you probably have already tried this but it sounds like all you would need to do is clear your cache (temp. internet files)and reset your browser's defaults. also useing IE you can use the repair tool through add/remove progs. and repair your browser. if this doesn't help and you need detailed info let me know.

hope it helps,

Ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back