Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't access sx2000l with new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

myhandleis

Technical User
Feb 24, 2011
US
I have a lenovo laptop that I use to access the sx2000 switch by a modem. I need a new laptop which is a Dell with Win7. It did not have a internal modem so we add an external one. I can get to the switch after the hand shake, but when I press "control c" the screen for the switch does nothing. I copied the ProcommPlus over to the new laptop. No one has been able to get pass the first screen.

Any suggestions?

After ctrl C try ctrl W. That is the command to draw the screen.

I didn't mean to type "control c" but "control w". The control "w"
does not do anything on the new laptop.

Using ProComm with Windows 7 and external modem (over Bluetooth) here and it works OK. Check your baud rate settings in ProComm and the modem and make sure they are the same (usually 9600).

if you are using procomm make sure the terminal emulation is correct

You need to set terminal type VT100 and ASCII coding

I am sure the defaults for Procomm are not these.

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

1st of all, be sure the modem is not a "win Modem".
The best luck we've had is with USR modems.

Next, in Procomm, go to the port settings, them Modem/Connectino Properties.
Verify port speed at 9600. Protocol should be Standard EC
Compression should be disabled and flow control should be none.

I service a lot of system via this set up. This is how I normally can get them working. However, there are times when I haven't been able to get them working at all. Those I have to move to another PC with a different modem. I've never been able to figure out what the difference is.

Dry Aquaman

I have seen the SX2000 maintenance port receive a ctrl s (stop scroll) during handshaking. Could be from a noisy line. After connecting try ctrl Q, ctrl C, ctrl W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back