Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Access Some Websites 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brode

IS-IT--Management
Nov 22, 2002
US
I just upgraded from the free ZoneAlarm to ZoneAlarm Pro and have encountered a new problem. Certain websites that I used to be able to access without a problem now won't load. I'm on a DSL connection, but these sites--both of them news sites--just hang. If I wait long enough--fifteen minutes or so--I'll get a site not found error message. I can access these sites on my other computers but not on this one. What have I done wrong?

Oh--a related issue. I can't access any PDF files that are on the web now either. The PDF window comes up, but it never loads. Again, there's no message. If I rightclick and save to disk I can click on the PDF and Reader opens it, but it won't open on the web.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks.

Try changing your privacy setting for Cookie Control to Medium.

Roberto

I'll give it a try and let you know.

Thanks.

Turn off the Mobile Code option, located on the privicy tab. Mobile Code "on" will stop DLs including opening a PDF. It will also stop some web-sites from loading.

PiRex

That did it! Many thanks. (I had the pdf problem too!)

Brody

I just installed zone alarm pro (after having LOVERLY people set up annonymous accounts and hack in and about 18 viruses too.) Trouble is, zone alarm is shutting down websites like radio, or news, and downloading music files has gone from slow to excruciatingly slow. I'm on a dialup (DSLExtreme) and would like to keep zoneAlarm, just have it be not so heavy on what it shuts out... advice on basic settings... lock out intruders, cut down on cookies, but allow my music, news, radio web sites...

Thanks much
Robinbird
Also at: Rbieg9202@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back