Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Access Some Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

csxkidd

Technical User
Apr 16, 2008
US
Hi,
This is kind of wierd, but I'm having trouble accessing some different type of websites. I have a website that links to a clickbank order form, and I can't access it, or anyone else's for that matter on either one of my PC's and there's nothing wrong with the account.

Other websites also. I reset IE7, and when it goes to run the one time setup page, it won't access that either There are other websites also. I go to a website called pcpitstop.com to check my bandwidth sometimes, and I can't go to it. It just appears that my internet connection is down. I've run several spyware applications and deleted everything I found and no luck.

I do not see anything on my hijack log, but I will post it anyways. Thanks for any help!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 5:06:45 AM, on 9/28/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16705)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\00THotkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\My Stuff\Software Exe.'s\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [00THotkey] C:\WINDOWS\system32\00THotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe

Not quite sure why the Process list shows you're running TWO copies of EXPLORER.EXE, and is that a complete HJT log? Nothing after O4...?

Check DNS settings with your ISP. Check Internet Explorer LAN Settings is set to "Automatically Detect Settings". Are you setting DNSs manually under LAN Connection/TCP/IP Properties, and also in your router, if that's how you connect?

ROGER - G0AOZ.

I can't access it, or anyone else's for that matter on either one of my PC's
this sounds more of a connection problem than a malware problem...

reset the router, unplug the power for a few minutes, and then retry...

also check the settings of both firewalls, you may have triggered something inadvertently, e.g. javascript not allowed, or something similar...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Is the Event Viewer able to contribute anything on the matter? Can you connect via "Safe Mode with Networking"?

Can the machines communicate between themselves?

As both machines seem to be having trouble it does point to any hardware that is between the machines and the Internet.

Connected to router but can"t get to internet
thread779-1224528

Router won't let me connect to internet
thread779-1057496

Articles & Tutorials / Network Troubleshooting

Thanks for the help. A couple of weeks ago I was wandering why Limewire wouldn't work on my laptop via my wireless connection and was trying to fix the problem by fowarding a port, which I still haven't figured out.

I wound up cloning my MAC address in my router settings in trying to create a static ip. I disabled that today and everything is working fine. A little over my head, but things are working now.

This might help you in the future and it does contain links to the more common routers.

What is Port Forwarding?

Have a read of these too.

People that use limewire Etc!!!, this is not a complaint!

HELP! It's super important, I have a virus and it's tought to get off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back