Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Access Registry

Status
Not open for further replies.

reneekatz

MIS
Feb 6, 2003
US
I recently attempted to install RealPlayer on my computer, but was unable to, because I don't have access to my own registry all of a sudden.

Realplayer was in the process of installing itself when this message popped up: "You currently do not have Administrator access to the Windows registry. Please see your System Administrator to install RealPlayer."

This is on my own, personal computer so I can't imagine why I don't have access to the registry; except that maybe it might have something to do with the trojan virus I recently had to get rid of.

So, my question is, how can I fix this?

hmm i think the virus may be a good lead :)

What was the name of it and how did you get rid of it? (assuming it has indeed been dispatched hehe)

Have you fiddled with any driver permissions?

I would be worried about this error message, as normally RealPlayer (and Apples' QT) install themselves even if you do not want them.

See:
The KB discusses virtual memory, but the notion of checking your NTFS permissions is universal.

Best wishes,
Bill Castner

Sorry, guys, I meant to put this in the Windows ME forum. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back