Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't access local or server GoldMine BDE issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felicia199

Technical User
Dec 29, 2003
US
I have GoldMine loaded on the server and on nine laptops.
I've verified that each person can use both the local version and the server version.

I verified this morning that I could logon to the local and server version of Goldmine from my laptop. I wanted to test and make sure sync was working so I shut down my laptop, undocked, restarted and logged into the local copy of GM. I entered a new contact, got out of GoldMine, shutdown, docked and restarted my computer. I was able to open my local copy and select one button sync but during the process I received the following error:

Unable to establish connection
Connection refused. System error 10061
Possible causes no internet connection

I verified my internet connection, logged out and tried to login to the server version. Received the following error message:

GoldMine cannot dynamically load functions from IDAPI32.dll
Please reinstall the Borland Database Engine
BDE error 8461.

Now I can't access either because I receive the BDE error. I've checked my registry and the configfile01 and the dllpath are both pointing to my server. Should they be pointing to c:? I've also run mergeconfig to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Felicia

It gets even stranger. I restarted my computer and could get into both the server and local installs. When I tried to login to the local install the second time, I received the BDE error. Same thing with the server install.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
F

Felicia,

The 100061 error is normally a networking type error. I would delete your registry for the Borland and launch GoldMine so that it automatically recreates the entries for you.

Regards,

Richard.
PRIOR Analytics UK
The UK's Number 1 Reseller.

You have probably fixed it by now, but I will post this anyway.

I have found if you have the "please reinstall Borland..." error, it is usually a Win2K machine and if you go to the processes (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) and end all the gmw6.exe processes, Goldmine should then open just fine.

Deborah Atkinson
Solutus
Seattle, WA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back