Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't access Linksys router 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

msworld

MIS
Jun 28, 2005
US
I was helping my client to setup a VPN on BEFSR41. I tried to enable remote management so that I can work at home. After that, I can't access the router any more. The router works fine, VPN and Internet access work fine. I just can't manage the router locally. Any suggestion?

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on

disconnect your vpn connection, or when the connection is established, telnet/ssh back to your router (to your public ip address), if you have enabled that. So basically you're coming from the outside into your router.

CCNA, CCNP..partly ;)

I've had a similar problem when I configured a VPN at home. You need to shut down the VPN setup. I believe it was something like start>run>secpol.msi and in there you should have your VPN setup with a green light on it, you need to right click and disable it and then you can access the router, via your browser.

Can you access the web interface via wired connection?

I know my LinkSys router (WRT545G) has a feature built in that if you uncheck will not let you access the router via a wireless connection. I wish I could remember the exact name of that feature.

Its called something like "Wireless Access" or something of that nature.

Joshua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back