Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't access https

Status
Not open for further replies.

vintl

Technical User
Jun 9, 2000
MY
hi.
i configured my apache with ssl on my win2000. everything was working fine with the ssl enabled. but when i try to browse from another machine, i got page cannot be display.
why is that happening?

vintl,

Is the "other machine" on a lan - the same as the webserver is on? I have that situation here and I can only view a page on one of the virtual sites by specifying the local IP address of the server. I have to call out on a dial-up to access the sites. Then I, of course, have to type in the address starting with "
A bit more information might help anyone, including me, to help you.

Brian

thanks for you interest. i've solve my problem by using another apache win32+ssl package, and it worked!

I'm going to give up trying to answer other peoples questions. I get myself into trouble every time. I just discovered that if I type in the ip address followed by /and the name of the directory that the vhosted files I need are in - up she comes! Who knew?

Regards, Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back