Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Access external Remote Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinnyPs

Technical User
Jul 12, 2005
CA
Hi all,

I'm trying to connect to an external server with Windows's "Remote Desktop Connection". It's a public server and I can't connect to it from inside my network. I have tried from other networks and it works.
My network is behind a FortiGate Firewall. My concerning Firewall Policy is:

Source: Internal_All
Dest: External_All
Schedule: Always
Service: ANY
Action: ENCRYPT

As of what I know, there is nothing stopping information going out. Why can't I access that server? Could you point me some possibilities of what the problem could be?

Thanks a lot,
Vince

Can you provide some more details. What do you mean its a "public server". Public as-in not within your organization?

Your fireway policy is sending all traffic up a VPN tunnel, if this is truely a "Public server". Then you need to set an outbound rule with an action to:ACCEPT instead of ENCRYPT.

Hello,

Thanks for reply but problem fixed. There was another policy that blocked this one.

thanks,
Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back