Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't access element manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justatec

Technical User
Feb 25, 2005
US
Hello All

Here's my trouble went to customer site to change messages and my element manager won't open i get a error. I have used it on other 50's and 400 so i know it works. The BCM 50 is a rel 2.0 ..

I did tel set in to it and made my changes so it working ....but still cant access it with my manager..??

Thanks for the answer back.. All is up to date ...element manager is 62.0.4.. I can us it on other systems i have just fine. Just this 1 it will not work, it open's and i click on my network ip address and hit connect and then after a few it error's out saying it cant com with the bcm.. thanks

Ok thats different.
Element Manager works but the problem you mean is you cannot connect.

Things to look at...

-check IP address of BCM Lan port - OEM LAN default is 10.10.11.1
-check your laptop is 10.10.11.XX
-check cable from laptop to BCM
-check pins inside jack of BCM.
-try the other LAN port (must know the IP)
-try from somebodies PC is BCM is on their network.

-When hooked up try to ping the BCM IP

START/RUN/CMD
ping xx.xx.xx.xx
replies are good

out of ammo!

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

damn curlycord you should turn that into a faq

id try and ping first though

yes i can ping. bcm works fine. I plugged in to oam port and it can't talk to it. Can it be the hard drive..

Check IP of the BCM through a phone? If something else on the network has grabbed the IP it'll still ping.

If you can't ping or browse to the BCM, then you have a problem. I'd use Telset access to check out the IP, Subnet and gateway etc. Also try the other LAN / OAM port.

One of my test BCM 50 systems has a faulty OAM port. It could be that is the case with your system?. That's why it's best to try out the other port.

You could have two faulty LAN ports, in which case the machine will need to be swapped out and keycodes migrated.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back