Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't acces Domain or local domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelter

Technical User
May 22, 2002
CH
Hi,

I install a new machine (Windows 2000) and try to put it in the domain_A, no problem to do that, after rebooting, I can't logon in the Domain_A and in the local domain with administrator or other users.

I have this message;

"The local policy of this system does not allow you to log on interactively."

I don't put "log on to" restriction and the user is member of the local administrator group

Actually there's no way to logon in the workstation, I have to reinstall!!

To test, I install 2 other workstations, after removing the box from the domain_Z and put it in the domain_A, still cannot login ??!

I try with several users, give admin rights, nothing works, how can I diagnose this domain problem ?

Thank you.

Three options you could check;
- try typing the password in CAPITALS (just a guess)
- open the security policy (GPO) that applies to the desktop and add the username to the group that may "logon interactively".
- try moving the pc object (in AD) to a place where no policies are applied (root?) and try again..

Regards, Ferdinand

RE-boot, try "Last known good configuration." Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884
"Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything,
we ought to know a little about everything."
Blaise Pascal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back