Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant Able 2 Start Informatica Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzi321

Technical User
May 12, 2003
IN
I Installed Informatica In Windows XP Home Editonion
When I Am Statting Informatica Serve rice,It Is Giving The Fiollwing WError Message

"The Informatica Service on Local Computer started and then stopped.Some Services stop automatically if they have no work to do,for example,The Performence logs Anf The Alerts Servicesd"

WherAmd I Was Able To Definne My Source And Targets

-
- I Created A Mapping
- Finally When I Am Trying To Run My Session,Again Eror
"Failed to connect to server.
Request to schedule session s_NEWMAPPING2 on server Super not successful."

Where n Is My mapping Name &
Super Is my Server Name

Please Help Me!

When you start the Informatica service, does it seem to start, but them stop after a minute or so?

If so, are you using DHCP on your machines?

If you are using DHCP, then this could be your problem.
When a new IP address get assigned to the host name AFTER you have installed Informatica, Informatica doesn't realize the IP address has changed, so Server Manager won't find the Informatica Server.

Also, if the Oracle connection on the Informatica server is not set up correctly, the Informatica Server will shutdown.

See the Windows Event Viewer and look under Applications tab for more information.

Charles

Hi,
If you are using informatica 5.x then i believe it doesnt support Xp.I had the same prolem with xp and informatica 5.x
Thanks
Vijay

I don't know if Informatica 5.x officially supports Windows XP Home. I can tell you that I am able to run the full set of Informatica client and server software on my own Windows XP Home machine and it works fine.

Charles

I have had no problems installing it on XP professional but i think you might have few if you do it on Home edition.

The same goes for any other programms you are trying to install on Home Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back