Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Canon Camera S-45 does not work with Vista, but OK with XP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgkeller

Programmer
Apr 12, 2000
CA
I just found out that the camera Canon S-45 does not work with Vista, but works fine with XP. Specifically the file named CNDNDLG.EXE does not work with Vista, but works very well with XP, the old reliable horse. For instance, Vista does not allow me to download pictures from the camera to my computer, which is very annoying.

Fortunately i have an old computer with XP on it, so I was ableto download circa 170 pictures from my camera to my computer in less than 5 minutes using the old XP OS.

Is there a way to fix this? Your help would be appreciated.

Charles Keller.

Why don't you just use a card reader? Downloading with a cable just helps to drain the battery.

--
JP

Thank you JPaules.

I never had a card reader. Which one shall I buy at Future shop.
Shall I the Dynex All-in-one card reader (DX-CR121) or the Kingston Travellite SD/MMC with i GB SD card Combo?

Which one would you suggest?

Thank you for your answer.

Charles Keller.

I use Dynex readers at work. I like that they read about 4000 different formats. Okay, so they don't really read *that* many (actually 25) but they work fine for us. I like Kingston but the ability to read that many formats is an asset. We have about 30 cameras in my department. Most are SD but a few aren't.

Another positive is the size of the reader. Small enough to keep in the camera bag. :)

--
JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back