Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot view mail in Outlook Web Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forrest77

Technical User
Apr 5, 2006
US
I have a user who access her mail through outlook web access OWA when she is home. When she recieves a message she is able to read it as long as it is new and has not been open but if she then closes OWA and goes back in the message is no longer visable. I thought it might be in the OWA page of how to view messages where you can select "Unread messages" which will cause the rest to disappear once they are read. No other mail is visibile except a new message.
If we open her desktop outlook client she has access to all of the old mail, sent items, etc. If all her mail has been read, you see nothing in Outlook Web Access.
I have tried her OWA on serveral pc's and they all work the same which make me feel like it is in exchange server but I can find no differences in her exchange active directory configuration with the other 45 exchange users. She is the only one with the problem.
If anyone has any ideas, it would be appreciated.
Thanks

Top middle is says Inbox. To the right of that says "Unread Messages". Change it to Messages...

Yep I tried that moving from unread messages to messages and it made no difference. It is weird in that I can all my messages in owa and this particular user cannot using the same pc. I am wondering if there is a permissions or security thing that I have missed.
Thanks for your answer.
Todd

This is definitely to do something with view. Click the drop-down bar and try one by one all different views. And U got to make it effective by refreshing the screen.Just to test account of the user U can try configuring temporary in microsoft outlook and see if his all emails exist. I think I also faced this problem for one user but was able to recognise that it was just the way view was selected.

Hope this helps u.

regards

Shakeel

rye8261 & shk2287 Thanks for your responses Where are the filters applied. Are the accessible through owa or only thru outlook. I did try other views and refresh to no avail.

She's not using a PST file by chance?

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Nope, changing the views did not change anything. And she is getting all her info from the exchange server and not a .pst file. If I send her a new email or if she sends herself an email, it pops right up. Once you view it, and refresh or log off and back on again, it is gone no matter what the view settings are on the OWA window. I also use OWA but can see all my mail but am wondering since I have Admin rights on the exchange server and in active directory, if the problem may be a permissions or security issue. Or is there a setting in her outlook that she has where only new mail is viewed. I'll keep playing with it. I may delete her account and mailbox and start a new one after she archives her mail..
Thanks all of you for your time.

Did u do any updates to IIS lately I had some issue simular to your I have lock down my IIS and OWA started acting up its just a thought is it just one user.

To all who responded, Thank You. It appears that the teacher had configured an outlook on a certain computer to use personal folders .pst rather than have mail remain on the server. So all is solved and I truely appreciate all of you who responded. Thank You Lander , It was indeed a pst file and I just could not find it before or knew what I was looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back