Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot view 'job' properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anakim

Programmer
Aug 4, 2000
GB
Using SQL Server 7.0 I've got several jobs which execute DTS packages at scheduled times. These have been running quite happily for many months but stopped executing a few days ago.

When I try and view the properties of the jobs I get:
Error 268: Cannot run SELECT INTO in this database....
I know you can then run 'sp_dboption' but what database do I run this against, advice doesn't recommend this against the master db.

I get the same error if I attempt to view Current Activity. What's also concerning is what happened to 'nobble' the jobs (the DTS packages can still be viewed/amended). Looking at the system logs the only hint I get is
LogEvent: Failed to report the current event. Operating system error = 31(error not found).
which occured shortly after the job was last invoked.

Any help hints would be appreciated before I scratch through to my brain!

Anakim

Job information is stored in the msdb database. Check the select into/bulkcopy option on msdb. Terry Broadbent

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J Boorstin

I've done that, then restarted the service, checked that blk copy was still selected and it's still not playing ball.

Any other ideas? (oh and you are banned from anything involving 're-install'.... I'd run home crying if it came to that!)

Anakim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back