Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot view individual mailboxes at Bricklevel

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatdoyouwant00

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2001
AU
In ArcServeIT I cannot view under Brick Level Backup of Exchange, my mailboxes all the way down so that I can read an individual mailbox. I can only go down as far as seeing "Public Folders" & "Individual Mailbox".

I read in 'Exchange Database Agent Installation Procedure' from Arcserve that it is possible to install the Exchange Agent with no authentication, making it possible only to see the Mailbox container but not drill down further. It says that a Brick Level Backup is also not possible if you skip authentication.

I have DBAGENT set up correctly with the right permissions as well. Has anybody else experienced this????????????

whatdoyouwant00,
Is your exchange server a domain controller or a member server. If it is a member server I believe that you will need to create a local account identicle to your "domain"/dbagent account to backup individual maiboxes. I hope this helps

Poseidon89

Make sure you use an outlook other than 2000 for your mail client, soundz to me like a mapi 4 interface issue

i have also the same problem, and when i try a back up.I have error 306.
E8604 Failed to start backup dbname=individual mailboxes--ec= (306) Invalid Input Path

I have had this problem. The RPC Backup for Exchange service should be configured AGAIN. Make sure you are logged in as the same user as the ARCserver Administrator and configure the Backup Agent for Exchange --- then and this is important --- you must stop and start the RPC service again.

Good luck - both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back