Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot use "Transfer to Voicemail" (Feature 986) !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidboy

Vendor
Aug 13, 2004
US
Hello all,

I've been asked to assist another of our techs on a BCM installation problem. I've installed them from the time the Enterprise Edge came out 'til about 6 months ago. I don't know if there is a fix for this that I don't know since I've been out of the loop. Seems that if I try to transfer a caller directly to a voicemail box (using Feature 986), I am able to enter the mailbox number, but then the display on the phone goes blank (as it should) and the caller is disconnected from the system. This happens every single time! It's a 3.6 / 200 with all patches updated. We'll be opening a case with our internal support tomorrow, but I thought I'd see if anybody else has seen this in the field and may already know the remedy. FYI - Everything else on the system works fine.

How many Intercom paths do you have assigned to the phones?
You might be just short on intercom buttons. Add another intercom button and try again.

MarvO said it

There are two intercoms assigned to each phone, just like 95% of our other installations. And within our Resources in the Unified Manager, I had the voicemail capabilities originally set to the default settings of a minimum of 2 and a maximimum of 6. I changed that value to a minimum of 2 and a maximum of MAX, then rebooted the system. I've also watched within the BCM Monitor program, but the voicemail channels are always free, until somebody logs into their mailbox or leaves a message, etc. There is NEVER a problem using F981, F980, F985, F982, etc., from any phone. That tells me it's not a channel issue / intercom path issue. We don't even have Auto-Attendant answering and tying up the lines.

Too weird!!

OK - the other tech I'm working with on this just found out the solution from our internal tech support. Evidently, somebody had changed the settings within each DN's capabilities. They had changed "Autohold" from Yes to No. As soon as we changed it back to Yes, it worked fine. Don't know if anybody else will see this issue out there, but if too many hands start playing around in the programming, you just might. Definitely an item to remember.

squidboy, Thanks for your update.
That is good feedback.
Thanks!

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back