Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot use database on certain machines...

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazing66

Programmer
Jul 10, 2001
AU
I have created an Access 97 db and subsequently created an MDE file from this. This application runs perfectly on my machine, however when an attempt is made to run this application on certain other machines (also running Access97) the app falls over, citing error messages as follows:

#1: "There is no object in this control" and
#2: "The expression On Load you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Automation error.
* The expression may not result in the name of a user defined function or [Event Procedure]
* There may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro.

The only code I have in the form 'On Load' event is:
Code:
Private Sub Form_Load()
    DoCmd.Maximize
    cmdRunReport.Enabled = False

End Sub

I have tried commenting this Form_load code out but the error still occurs. I have also tried running the 'parent' .mdb file by itself, but even this will not open properly on the problem machines. What is going on? Is there a local setting on these machines that could be causing the problem? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

The references on the machine may be missing, go into a code window (ALT+F11) and click Tools-->References, anything that has MISSING: replace the missing file. You can also try compact and repair on the db.

HTH Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

Joe

When you say 'anything that has MISSING: replace the missing file' do you mean that I should check all the Available references?

BTW: I rxed some further info that said that I may have a registry problem (\HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\8.0\Access) and that I need to create a RefLibPaths key. Is this related? Sorry for the basic questions, I am only resonably new to the industry.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back