Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Upgrade to SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattl

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2002
DE
All I have a machine thats running Windows XP Pro. When I go to windows update, it d/n even recognize that the machine doesn't have SP2. SP2 is not an option to install and I don't know how I can install it. HELP!!!!!!

SP2 has had alot of problems and if I was you I would not load it on a single machine. It would save you many hours of heartache and frustrated users. Go to a different website and download it to the desktop and run it from there.

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

Yes, you can order the CD from microsoft, that Is what I did, and installed it on both of my XP Pro computers. It has done nothing but usless stuff. Constantly blocking ports that are needed to comunicate between my computer and the server, and is a usless upgrade.

Dont waste your time

A system administrator may have installed a mechanism to temporarily block delivery of Windows XP SP2.

For information about the temporary installation block or to see if the block applies to your system, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

Note This Web site also provides information about how to remove the block if you installed it manually.

For other SP2 help try this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back