Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot update WCS to hide group tree by default

Status
Not open for further replies.

DubbleD

Technical User
Jan 31, 2005
US
April 5, 2005
Hello,

I am having a problem with a report. I tried numerous posted solutions but CE just doesn’t seem to be picking up the changes to the WCS. It won’t default to hide the group tree in Crystal Viewer. I tried all the steps in thread782-956101, “Defaulting the report browser to hide the group tree.”

Environment:
CE 10, CR 10

Problem:
- In Crystal Viewer, I get a runtime error when report opens and on each and every page change in report (using yellow arrows). Runtime error disappears when I hide the group tree in the Report Viewer manually. But this doesn’t prevent the runtime error dialog that appears when the report opens. So I want to default to Group Tree hidden to avoid the initial error dialog.
- This problem happens both with Preview and a scheduled Crystal Report format instance.
- I am trying to work around this by hiding the group tree. I’ll deal with the runtime error in another post if necessary.

What I tried:
- In the Report Options for the individual affected RPT, unchecked “Create Group Tree” and refreshed report in CE. This didn’t solve it. Viewer still defaulted to show group tree.
- In WCS (Crystal Management Console), checked “Hide The Group Tree if it is displayed” and restarted WCS. Didn’t work. Restarted all servers. Didn’t work. Group tree defaulted to on and runtime error still appeared when report opened.
- Then in WCS, I tried unchecking “Group Tree” and restarted WCS. Didn’t work. Restarted all servers. Didn’t work.
- I do not want to disable the group tree for all reports/viewers. So I didn’t try modifying viewreport.csp.

It seems that CE is just not doing what I tell it to do with the WCS. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

DD

I am having the exact same problems with CE10 I also set the WCS to "Hide the Group Tree if it is displayed" and nothing happens. This is really making me mad it will not do what I tell it. Does anyone know if Business Objects 11 will take care of this problem?

DD/James,

Have you both installed the latest CE patches?

I ask because I had something similar, but managed to resolve those issues when we installed the latest patch, back around November last year.

Regards,

Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back