Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot update a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

samotek

Technical User
May 9, 2005
BG
I have a continous form that cannot be updates.I get a compile error saying method or member not found. How could i correct this error ?

You need to provide a lot more information. At a minimum you need to provide your code and show us where the code breaks. We are good but we can not read minds.

I do not know how to proceed with step 3 in order to send the example as an attachement.At for me it is not allowed.Is there any other way to send this attachement ?

You need to put it on a file sharing site. There are a lot of them to choose. I have an account on 4Shared.com that I use, but there are many other free ones.

Hi!

In my experience there are three causes of that error that are most common:

1. Somewhere in your code you misspelled a field name.
2. You designed a query and accidentally left out a field that you thought you added.
3. You misspelled a method after a dot operator (much less common because of the pop up lists)

Please note that this is not intended to be comprehensive, just the things you ought to check out first.

Jeff Bridgham
Purdue University
Graduate School
Data Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back