Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Unlock Bios Password On Dell Latitude 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcquisitiveOne

Technical User
Nov 28, 2000
US
I accidently forgot my admin bios password on a dell laptop. I always used the user password to gain access to the computer. When I finally decided that I really didnt want to use this feature I disabled the user password thinking the admin password was only needed if you wanted to access the bios settings. Then when i booted my computer it is still asking me for a bios password. Now I can no longer get in to my laptop because it asks me for a password which im guessing is the admin one which i forgot. Stupid Mistake Really. But I need to get to the files ASAP. Dell will not help me because I need to change the ownership from the person I bought it from. Which they said could take up to 30 days once i get the paperwork. Can someone please help me.
Thx in advance!!!!

What model Latitude are we talking about here? There are way too many models out there and all of them have different procedures & documentation.

I have the same problem but with a latitude CPi D300XT laptop, help?

thanks

My Dell Labtop (INSPIRON - 3800)
MY FREIND PUT HIS DARN PASSWORD AND LEFT ME HERE ALONE IN THE cO.
PLS. Help Me.

Yasser G. Atwany

Depending on what the bios maker is there are technican bypass passwords. The AWARD password is AWARD and the Megatrends is AMI.

See if that helps.

Steven Walker
strider@paradise.net.nz

Brainbench MVP Computer Technician

I have bouht a Dell Latitude 233st but I dont have the Administrator password. Dell wont help me because I dont have the original receit. Please help me somebody. Thanks.

Hi
Would you happen to know the password for dell latitude CPt with the tag number #F7AZY**-595B
I upgraded the BIOS and This problem arised and
I can't get to the system.I appreciate your help.

Kevin

Don't know anything about the laptops mentioned above, but the way I get round lost BIOS passwords with conventional desktop or mini-tower PCs is to find the CLEAR CMOS jumper on the motherboard or remove the CMOS battery for a few seconds.

ROGER - GØAOZ.

there is a little program floating around the internet called "killcmos.exe" it will restore EVERYTHING to factory defaulst(with ethe exception of flash upgrades, thoes stay, just the settings) in any bios including password, then when you reboot go in and reconfigure yourt systems info and you are good to go. just search for killcmos.exe I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.

Dells use their own Bios's so you can ignore most of the above.

I used to work with Dell laptops, and this works with some but not all...

Remove the battery, then remove the CMOS battery, leave for 5 minutes, replace both batteries restart.

Hope it helps, let us know.

Dash
--
" Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music "

Kevin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989

i have dell latitude cpi. the kids have messed up the bios and everytime i start the system, the white and blue screen ask me for password. is there any way that someone can give me the master password for it so i can reset the bios for my laptop? i would really really be gratefull to you guys.

I have this dell latitude cpx laptop, forget my password, could'nt open, is there anyway I could open it, it's in the bios, I could open my hard drive to another dell computer but I cannot use my own computer coz I forget my password, please advise

Will this help? Wipe out your bios files to factory settings. , then download 'The Ultimate Boot Disk'. It has a feature that will restore the bios to factory presets. Hope it helps, -Bill J.

Maybe I can get you the password for the latitude.
I need model and service tag (XXXXXX-252B something like this).
valmer@excite.com

Seen all the posts on here regarding lost Passwords, none mention a Dell XPI p133. I have 3 ex-corporation ones that i am playing with but are password locked, any way around this....

Regards

Never mind remebered password. Luckily because it seems there is no way to bypass the BIOS Password if you cant boot into the system. I know there are ways to get it if you can boot into the computer but havent seen any legitamate answer to getting around a completely locked Dell Bios. To those who had the same problem as me. GOOD LUCK THE ANSWER IS OUT THERE..................

Yes It does seem that there is a way, as I have seen in the past that someone had the software (wish I had made a note)
Another way suposedly is to disconect the COSMOS Battery for a short while, but I don't know how to get into an XPI, and just pulling things apart can cause damage etc, on locking lugs and so on.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back