Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Uninstall Office 2000 Professional HELP!!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

slawrie

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
US
I have upgraded a workstation from W98 to Windows 2000 Pro and when I tried to run Outlook, it said that I needed to reinstall Outlook. When I attempt this, it wants the data1.msi file that corresponds with this. The problem is that the installation took place from a Novell server that is no longer available. Any ideas? My clients can not receive email.

Thanks
Scott

Hello Slawrie,
There is a utility available at and it is called eraser2k.exe it will totally remove Office 2000 from your system including those annoying Registry settings.

It maybe hard to find, but it should solve your problem.

Good luck,
Michael Microsoft Office 2000 Master Instructor
Corel Certified Instructor WordPerfect 9

I have the eraser2k.exe program, however, it only works on registry settings and scattered orphan files. It doesn't remove the entire Office entry in the Add/Remove Programs or the folder under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office

This utility I have tried.

Any other ideas?

Ive used Norton's Uninstall to removed Office (even a broken Office) with no problems.

If you want to remove the Microsoft entry on Add/Remove Programs try some freeware tweaking utilities like ITweakU or TweakUI (look some on cnet.com)

* Delete the entire folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office
on command prompt, then reboot and reinstall Office 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back