Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Uninstall APC Powerchute on Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

byrne1

Programmer
Aug 7, 2001
US
I need to uninstall my APC Powerchute Business Edition agent and server from two servers running Windows Server 2003. When I click on these items in Add/Remove Programs, it prompts me that other users are currently logged on and do I really want to uninstall. I click Yes and then nothing happens.

Any ideas and/or suggestions? I'm going to also post this on the Windows Server 2003 forum.

Hello byrne1 !
I assume the obvious = that you are logged in with administrative rights ?!
1 : Are the APC's connected to the server while you try to uninstall ? If they are, try to disconnect and then uninstall the software.
2: have you checked to see if there are any processes running regarding your UPS surveillance software ? If so, be sure to stop them before uninstalling.

Kind regards,
Michael Malmgaard - IBM Tech.
Dane Computer, Denmark

Yes, I am logged in with admin rights. The UPS devices are not connected and I have stopped and disabled all of the relevant services. I ended up manually uninstalling the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back