Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

brison

Vendor
Apr 2, 2007
US
We have a customer that cannot transfer calls from stations 226 and 250 to stations 225 and 251. This system was set up long ago - pretty large MICS. The phones are in 2 separate suites. The main receptionist can transfer calls to these stations. These stations can intercom each other.

Is it possible they were programmed to not transfer calls back and forth as they were separate clients on same system? How would that even be accomplished?

Brison

What is the symptom or error on the display, busy signal? no answer? invalid something?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Not sure maybe a DND on and reception using priority to transfer call.
Could be forwarded to each other if busy

Strange thing that these extension are consecutive numbers 225, 226,250,251.

Maybe some sort off port issue , been relocated.etc.

As stated you need to see what happens on the display.

I am assuming everyone else can ring and transfer to these extension without any issues.
Has this just suddenly happened.
Have these phones been disconnected for a while and reinstated.

Good questions - DND was my first thought, but then they wouldn't be able to intercom each other.
No error is shown or tone given. When Xfer is initiated from one of the stations to the other, the call disappears.
I have not tried xfer from one of the stations to 221, yet.
Stations have been in service for years. Tenant recently took over the other suite which is when they noticed they could not xfer calls.

What about the forwarding......🤷
Call redirect etc

Stations in question cannot tranfer to any other stations - tested trying to xfer to receptionist.

Callers not disconnected, just left with dead air until they hang up.

No error given on display.

Questions you have not yet answered:

-What DN shows when you press F985?
-is there at least two intercom buttons on these sets?

"Stations in question cannot tranfer to any other stations - tested trying to xfer to receptionist"
Ok now it gets confusing....
Original issue: "cannot transfer calls from stations 226 and 250 to stations 225 and 251"

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

F985 = 333
not sure on the number of intercom buttons - would that restrict ability to xfer?
previous comment was that the stations in question cannot transfer calls at all and I verified by attempting xfer to receptionist.

Sorry for confusion

not sure on the number of intercom buttons - would that restrict ability to xfer?

Absolutely. You need a free I/C path to transfer. So if your calls appear on and I/C button you need a 2nd I/C to make a transfer. If call is on a line button only 1 I/C is needed on the phone.

Marv ccna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back