Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot transfer when have mulitple calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

haironfire

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2008
US
IPO 406v2, 3.2.57
Although I programmed 4th call appearance button did not seem to matter, with 1 call on hold could not transfer 2nd call even though 3rd and 4th appearance buttons vacant.
The system was moved and reconfigured, but this is a new one for me. Every day is new!!
Appreciate any help!

so call on hold on a=, second call on b=, then try to initiate transfer of b= via c=?

are you using the handset or phone manager to do the transfer?

so with a= on hold and b= as a live call, you press transfer?

what happens?

just tested on a 5420, with 3 call appearances, call on hold on line a= start another call on b=, press transfer, opens up c= transfer call leaving just a call on a=.

nothing, b= is still live call.
I have never seen this before. Works here too.

2 receptionist where all incoming calls ring.

i would (when possible) delete the users, send config in without them, then pull config again and put the users back in, maybe send calls somewhere else temporarily,

are they using user rights? if so maybe remove them from the user rights and program keys separately?

Tom, thanks for taking the time to work on this one. Not using users rights. I agree that deleting users is next course of action and feel pretty sure will resolve problem. Thanks again.
Belinda

I had this same problem recently with version 4.1.14 . I just deleted the buttons, send the config to the system and then programmed the appearance buttons again.

Exactly my thoughts. Going to try it Monday. Thanks for the confirmation that "hope" still exists.

Are you transfering with a user button or dialing the extension number?

Users are dialing the extension. This morning I deleted users, saved config and rebuilt. They were so busy with patients, couldn't test completely. They'll let me know.
Thank you both, no grief today--it's only Monday.
B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back