Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot transfer outbound calls externally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanebuss

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2004
US
Our receptionist can transfer inbound calls externally (ex: someones cell phone)

however, if she dials a number, she cannot then transfer the call externally. She can conf, but not transfer

anyway to overcome this? IP403 3.1 with PRI

Can't offer any words of wisdom, in fact you've only confirmed we have the same problem way back on 2.1 (15). We thought it was intermittent problems on external call transfer but it is actually all IPO initiated calls.

There is a tick box in the system tab/telephony called allow outgoing transfer, give that a try.

You need software version 2.1 (31) or higher or 3.0 or 3.1
Then you have the tickbox.
So upgrade to 2.1(51) and tick allow outgoing transfer in the systemtab/telefony.

Greets Peter

i dont have this option in 3.0 (59)

must be new in 3.1

thanks

i upgraded my admin software to 3.1, and sure enough i see the option..

my question is this.. what happens if i change it and write the config, even though i havent upgraded the IP403's firmware yet?

Perhaps i shouldnt make any changes in the new software until the systems firmware is updated

You don't want to make changes with an admin software that does not match the correct ver of firmware on the system. If you do, you run the risk of corupting the file and having to reset your system using the serial port on the back.

So in short, upgrade the firmware if you're wanting to make this change.

problem number 1 of the IPO, programming with the wrong manager version.
Always program the IPO with the admin that belongs to the version of the IPO.

Looked in 3.0 (59) and alo see the option.

Greets Peter

i did not have it in 3.0 (59)..

strange.. soon as i went to 3.1 it was there

Also look at "Inhibit off-switch calls". And if your using analog trunks check their "Allow forwarding" setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back