Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot transfer calls to 3720 handsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusedtwo

Technical User
Jul 23, 2008
US
I currently have a IP Office 500 V2 at Release 8.1(85) and DECT R4 Compact RBS with 4 3720 handsets. The Dect R4 was installed several years ago and had no issues with it while the customer was on a IP Office 500 V1 chassis. Since we upgraded to the V2 chassis and upgraded to release 8.1(85) the 3720 handsets have been having issues.

The issue we are having is the handsets will stop receiving internal calls and transfered calls. When this happens it effects all 4 handsets. The one handset with voicemail will send the call directly to voicemail, the other 3 that don't have voicemail the caller gets rejected call. The 3720 handsets do not give any indication that they are not functioning correctly. The display shows extension, name and shows subscribed. We have learned from testing that just by makeing a outgoing call off one of the handsets everything starts working fine again for awhile. Sometimes for several hours sometimes less then a hour.

I will add that we have upgraded the base station and all hansets to the latest frimware. Also I have noticed several people having similar issues but this normally happens because they have more then 4 handsets all in a collective hunt group. In our setup we only have 1 3720 in a huntgroup but the group is set for collective ringing.

Any sugestions or insight would be great.

Check Frame Rate on the Master IPBS, it should be 20ms. (If it's 60ms, there's your issue.)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

What software version is your dect system running?
DO you have provisioning enabled?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Gunnar it was set for 60ms. Changed to 20ms now must wait and see what happens.

tlpete, software level is 6.0.23 c and provisioning is not enabled.

What I know is that it corrected an issue much like yours, even though mine was a provisioned install.
(I believe the difference is that the setting will stick on an un-provisioned, while the provisioned returns to 60ms on every reboot.)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

We we went about 48 hours without any issues but they have came back. A little more information to the issue though. Customer stated that when they called the DECT phone from a 5410 deskphone it displayed call rejected. The 3720 DECT phone never rang but did show the call from the deskphone as a missed call.

This sounds like the phone is out of range.
Do you have one compact basestation?
I have seen odd issue's on compact basestations and replaced them with normal basestation and the problems vanished straight away.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back