Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot start the Networker User of SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulmeta

Technical User
Mar 20, 2007
HK
NWS on Win2K3: v.7.3.2
Clients: Win2k3, NMSQL 5.0, MSSQL 2005

Under MSCS environment, I cannot start the "Networker User of SQL Server" on the passive host, as the reason is "No active SQL server found on this system" I think it is reasonable.

But on the active host, we still cannot start it and the prompt is "The system cannot find the file specified"

Any solution?

Thanks

I have the same pronlem on cluster host. EMC solution is to reinstall the software but it didn't work for me. Still the same error.

Check if the "Networker Remote exec" service is running under sqladmin account

Same issue here, I've tried with different versions of Client and SQL Module but still the same.....

I'm gonna try changing service user....

Regards...

Hi,

Adding in the virtual client the SQL Administrator to remote user, the cluster nodes in the remote access and "nsrsqlsv -a virtualname" in the backupcommand, the backup finished successfully, but the Networker user in the active node is still not working and giving the same error message: "The system cannot find the file specified", so I have to check under coommand line if I really have a backup and I can recover my data.

Regards,

I was able to see the SQL backedup of my virtual server successfully from the Networker User of antoher server that is SQL client....

Seems it works....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back