Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot start server service and many other problems with XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

porkister

Technical User
Nov 1, 2001
RO
I have this problem: I have a small local net of 4 machines and I tried to install XP on one of them.
The installation went ok, all was excellent.
Then I realized that I cannot print on my HP2000C color printer from Corel 8 (every time I try to access Print>properties, it crashes). Then I began the quest for a new driver for 2000C but didn't find a newer one at HP.com
Then I reinstalled the printer and Suprise! I couldn't share it! It gives me an error: could not save printer properties.
And I realised that the rest of the net could not acces this computer, though this one can access the others.
Tried to start the server service manually, but every time I try, it gives an error message: could not start service, Error 2001.

Is there any solution to these problems?
If I wasn't very fluent, I appologize, this is the 3rd day o torture with XP.

Porkister

Just a guess. Is this a Firewall problem? Are you using XP's built-in Firewall?

No, it wasn't a firewall problem, I've just repaired the system with the XP setup CD. Don't know where was the problem. Sadly, because it can happen anytime. :(
The sharing problem is also solved. Miraculously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back