Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Send Out Mail from Linksys in Wireless Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrider

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2003
US
I have a linksys 54g router, I can't send mail through a pop3 mail account when I'm using wireless interenet, but when I'm plugged directly into the router I have no trouble sending. I've opened ports for Eudora, and the issue remains

Make sure that you are not getting too many timeouts. to check do a constant ping with a packet size of at least 1000 bytes. If it is timing out fairly often you might have some interference. these timeouts will severely hinder smtp.

As a side note, the 802.11g wireless protocol uses the 2.4GHz frequency to transmit data. This is the same frequency that is used by alot of cordless phones and microwaves. I bought a new 5.8GHz to remove this interference and make sure that the microwave is off when using the wireless networking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back