Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Send Emails - SBS 2003/Outlook 2k3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJunior

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2002
DE
Hello There,

We are using MS SBS 2k3 and everything is working fine. However, there are two users who cannot send mail (using Outlook 2k3 client). All their mails just go to the queue and stay there. They can receive mails fine, and to make things even more confusing, they can send and receive using OWA.
This is a really confusing issue.

Shed any light?

Thank you,

Tyrone

When you say that their mails go to the queue and stay there, are you talking about the queue on the server, or just their Outbox in Outlook?

Are these two users set up to access the server via MAPI (Exchange type mailbox) or are you hitting the server as a POP/IMAP connection?

If you sit down at another workstation and log on as one of these users and set up Outlook for them for the first time there, does that work? If so, you want to delete the mail profile for those users on their workstations and create them again.

Dave Shackelford
Shackelford Consulting

I mean the emails are going to the queue on the server.

The users are set up using a MAPI mailbox.

I have tried setting the mailboxes up on different workstations and had no luck.

Thank you for your reply.

Tyrone

What do you see when you look at the header information on those emails in the queue? And other senders new mail enters and leaves the queue with no problem, even to the same destinations? Does anything change when you restart the SMTP service?

If you create a new test user, does the same problem afflict that user?

Dave Shackelford
Shackelford Consulting

I haven't got any header info as I cannot recreate the issue at present because the two users are using OWA and working fine. I cannot interrupt them now.

I have created new users and they can send mail fine to the same addresses.

Do you think deleting these two users and recreating them will make any difference?

Thanks

Tyrone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back