Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot send ctrl+alt+delete in VNC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katchme

MIS
May 5, 2003
US
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone out there know why I can no longer send ctrl+alt+del in VNC to the remote computer? This only happens to a few servers that I'm trying to send the command. :(

thanks

katchme

Hello Katchme,
We use VNC but most of the time I use Internet Explorer instead of the VNC Viewer. If you put in the ip address then port 5800 it will VNC into that pc. i.e. then you will be prompted for the password and then you will see at the top of the window inside of explorer a button for Send CTRL-ALT-DEL. See if this works for you. Hope that helps ya.

Thanks
BIG E
A+,NET+

thebige, its intresting but can you explain little more how to do that... if write steps, it will be gratefull

thanks

Knowledge is a key of success.

It's pretty simple. Like in the previous post just open up your Internet Explorer the type the IP address of the machine that you are trying to VNC into. If you know the name and it is listed in your internal DNS you can also use the name of the server i.e. But anyway, once you have the ip address of the machince you wish to VNC into then just type the following substituting your ip addres. in the Address bar of your Internet Explorer. Then a grey panel will appear in your browser and prompt you for the VNC password type it in and then you are in. Once in you wil see at the top of the page the following options: "Disconnect" "Options" "Clipboard" "Send CTRL-ALT-DEL". That is pretty much it. NOTE: It uses Java so you need to have Java installed.

Thanks

Fantastic, i got it and its working

once again thanks

Knowledge is a key of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back