Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot see web pge from internal network

Status
Not open for further replies.

sseaner

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2004
US
I have both a WRVG54 and An RV082. I have a web server set up running MSIIS behind both routers and the anyone from the outside can see the web sites fine. But inside the network when you type in you get prompted for the router user name and password. When you enter it you get the router config page. Any ideas?

Do you have internal DNS servers at the locations?

Ok, here's what I would try. There are some steps for this process so bare with me... These steps apply to the RV082:

1. Go into your RV082 setup.

2. Click the Firewall tab.

3. Enable remote management on port 8080 and save the settings.

4. Under the firewall tab click on Access Rules.

5. Click Add New Rule.

6. For Action select Allow, for Service select HTTP(TCP/80~80), under Log choose whatever log options you need, for Source Interface choose either WAN1 or WAN2 depending on your incoming connection, for Source IP choose All, for Destination choose single and input the internal address of the web server.

7. Click Save Settings.

8. Choose Cancel when the option box appears.

9. Select the Setup tab (at the top).

10. Under Setup choose Forwarding.

11. Under Service, choose HTTP(TCP/80~80).

12. In the IP address area enter the local IP address of the web server.

13. Check Enable.

14. Click the Add to list button.

15. Click Save Settings.

Now, under your current configuration, you have probably configured some of the things in the steps above.

Anyway, that ought to work for both the RV082 and the WRV54G (the steps for the WRV54G will be slightly different, but the concept is the same). I'm not sure if you are going to use the remote management, but if you do be sure to create an Access Rule under the Firewall area for HTTP(TCP/8080~8080).

Let me know if that works. If not, there are some other things to try...

Good luck!!

deeno

I am out of the office this week and let you know. The VPN is working flawlessly. Thanks again for all of your help.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back