Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot see VFP7 tables using my ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlohrey

Technical User
Oct 16, 2002
US
I have never tried to access a VFP7.0 table (usually deal with Mas90 data or SQL) so I tried to create a quick report to test it out. I created a data source named Visualdata and had it point to the folder where my DBF's are. When I go to select the DATABASE (using the wizard) and select the ODBC named visualdata it comes up with "no items found"! I'm using CR8.5 and as I said my DBF's are VFP7 and also tried with VFP6 data. Any ideas on how to access these?
Thnks -

Bingo! Did not realize I had to setup the ODBC to path to the Database container path. Thanks for the reminder.

Which ODBC driver are you using?

Create your own ODBC connection using the Microsoft Foxpro VFP driver using free tables (providing you have DBFs).

I use VFP 7 tables often.

-k

It wouldn't work using free tables, but once I selected the "Visual FoxPro database (.DBC) and pathed to C:\directory\*.dbc it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back