Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot see the jukebox

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElHedi

Instructor
Mar 5, 2008
DE
We are using a Fujitsu-siemens Jukebox TX48 with networker,
when launchin inquire we see only the drives but not the robotic.
We added the targets from 0 to 5 to the lus.conf file but still inquire does not see the jukebox.
are there some hints
special thinks

the jukebox is connected with Fibre channel and the OS is Solarios 9

May i ask whether you installed the Storage Node package at all?

Thinking it over again, i guess my answer was not appropriate. In this case, inquire would not see the drives either.

I did inquire
I see only the drives and not the robot

Have you tried commands like sjixxx to the specific adress where the jb should be ?

did your san administrator implement a zoning on the fibrechannel switches ?
Maybe he forgot to zone the robotic to your backup-server.

The zonning is Ok since I can see the drives and can backup to them.

I dont know if you are familiar with SAN zoning:
you have to zone every wwn of your library to your backup server.
If you use storage nodes its ok to only zone the tape devices to the hba of the storage node because the backup server is operating the robotic.
If you have a zoning in place and inquire is not showing all devices take a closer look on the zoning in your san switches.

did you do modunload and modload the lus driver after you made the changes?
if you have the correct target in there you should be able to see it from the o/s.

Is the jukebox set to associate the robot control with one of the allocated drives?

I know with my particular model of jukebox, I can move which drive the robot is associated with, including removing it completely, or moving it to a drive that would not be seen with inquire on a given host.

Chapter11 :Our jukebox is bridged ie it is seen to hosts through the drives.
we have only two FC cables from drives.

mblm07 : I did only add targets to the lus.conf file (about ten targets)
but didn'tmodunload, however I rebooted several times (reboot -- -r)

I do not think it is a problem of zonning since it is done by switch ports and not by WWN and we see the drives very well.
I was told that it may be a conflict between sgen and lus driver so I deactivated the sgen but it didn't show any enhancement

dear all thanks for your effort to help
as soon as I have news I will inform you

we found the solution we have been told to add the adapter in the field knwon adapters in the file lus.conf
pci10df,fa00:126-32C

can somebody tell me the signification of "pci10df,fa00:126-32C " and how to get this id?

special thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back