Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot See Public Folders on new Ex2k from Ex5.5 in same site

Status
Not open for further replies.

bironhead

MIS
Apr 27, 2001
US
Background:
I just installed Exchange 2k in my exhisting Ex5.5 site. I want to move all the mailboxes and public folders to the Exchange 2k server then wipe the old 5.5 server and install Exchange 2k on it and move all the resources back onto my good server. (We are doing it this way due to $$$ reasons.)

What Works:
I can move all the mailboxes over to exchange 2k fine and when a user connects to the old 5.5 server it points them to the 2k server.

The ADC connectors seem to be working because I can see the public folders in the AD unser a folder called Exchange System Objects.

Problem:
Users cannot see the public folders if their mailbox is on the exchange 2k server, but if they are on the 5.5 server they can see the public folders just fine. I also don't see the public folders in the public folder section under the administration site. All I see are the default system folders(Note I have right clicked and know how to switch between system and public folders).

What I have tried but doesn't seem to help:
1) I have a working 2-way public folder ADC connection working
2) Have tried to replicate the folders to Ex2k from the 5.5 admin. (It said it would rehome the folders, but nothing seemed to replicate after that).

Any help would be great!!!

"I also don't see the public folders in the public folder section under the administration site."

This means your heirarchy replication is broke.

Commonly because of no proxy addresses on the Exchange 2000 Public Store. You have to use ADSI Edit or LDP to check this. Does the Enterprise Recipient Update Service point to valid DC and Exchange 2000 Server?

Do new users created on Exchange 2000 show in All Users (address list) via Outlook when connected to Exchange 2000? Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Thanks for the help Dan...
I looked in ASDI in the config to the exchange site and down to where you where talking about the public folers containing the smtp address and it did have a valid address.

This is how the issue got solved. When I logged onto the 5.5 server with an outlook accout and make a new public folder (not just a post). Something kickstarted the public folder replication and I can see all the folders on both servers now. This might be someting nice to have in the KB Dan if you have direct input to the KB site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back