Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot see Netware Save Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinux

Technical User
Sep 21, 2004
ZA
Hi

I am Running a Networker server 7.1.2 (Linux).
I have Novell 6.5 Clients running Networker 4.22.

I need to do a Save Set recovery, but when you select the save set recovery option on the Novell Server it says that " no Save sets were found ."

When looking at the save sets with Networker Administrator, they actually do exist. You can do normal recoveries, but not Save Set recoveries.
Is this a known bug? Is there maybe a patch or Fix for this?

Any ideas help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

This is a known problem. You can not do a save set recovery on NetWare any more when you work with a NetWorker 7 server. Please find more details in the release notes.

Thanks for your reply!!

Does Legato have any plans in Fixing this, in future releases. This is really a pitty, Save set recoveries were very confinient.
It makes me wonder whats next to dissapear from Legato Netware clients and support??

The support was not intentionally deleted, it is the consequence of incorporating the new Access Control feature and in general happens to each NW client running on a version older than 5.5. "The only problem" is that the Netware client is still supported.

I do not know what Legato will do with respect to this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back